Re: Probem using X-Chat Gnome with Debian Servers

On 19/03/13 18:47, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 18:20 +0100, Lanoxx wrote:
But when I am connected to Debian Servers and suspend the
computer, upon reconnecting XChat tries to connect to an unknown host
and fails, here are the lines from the log:

   Looking up larich.oftc.net..
   Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
http://www.debian.org/support#irc states that you could use
irc.debian.org . I'd recommend trying to connect with other IRC clients
if you think this might be an xchat-gnome issue.
I already have irc.debian.org in my network list and removed all other entries. When It connects for the first time it uses irc.debian.org which resolves to irc6.geo.oftc.net, when i suspend the computer and resume it, then on connect it suddenly uses laricch.oftc.net. I am not familiar with other IRC clients, I will try to find another one when I have time. I just wanted to ask here if it is a known issue.

andre
Sebastian