Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

Hey,

2013/8/15 Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se>:
If you are using GMail (a proprietary web application) for your GNOME
work, and then turn around and start objecting to the use of GitHub as
another / secondary distribution channel for our code, then, yes, I do
find it insincere.

Running your own email infrastructure is much much more easier than
replicating GitHub with free software.

If you don't even care about the easy things, then who are you to hold
others to even higher standards?

In my opinion, there's a big difference between someone's personal use
of a non-free service, and GNOME as an entity (which is supposed to
develop and promote free software) promoting a non-free service. This
is what the "GNOME's official GitHub mirror" tagline makes it sound
like.

Christophe

PS: Yes, I'm sending this from a GMail account, no I don't think this
is good, and if you ask me I'm not going to recommend using Google
services. I'm also slowly moving off from GMail.