Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 03:38:00PM +0200, Luis Menina wrote:
I agree that everyone should be free to pick their fights. I agree
that you you are free to pick yours and have them different from mine.
Do you agree that mine can be different from yours?

And, yet, you use GMail.

Could we please stop the witch hunt ?

If you are using GMail (a proprietary web application) for your GNOME
work, and then turn around and start objecting to the use of GitHub as
another / secondary distribution channel for our code, then, yes, I do
find it insincere.

Running your own email infrastructure is much much more easier than
replicating GitHub with free software.

If you don't even care about the easy things, then who are you to hold
others to even higher standards?

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all
the scenery looks about the same.