Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

Le 15/08/2013 16:30, Debarshi Ray a écrit :
If you are using GMail (a proprietary web application) for your GNOME
work, and then turn around and start objecting to the use of GitHub as
another / secondary distribution channel for our code, then, yes, I do
find it insincere.

Running your own email infrastructure is much much more easier than
replicating GitHub with free software.

If you don't even care about the easy things, then who are you to hold
others to even higher standards?

In fact, I'm not the one using GMail, so please look who you're
answering to...

This 100% free software thing is just a goal. Would you throw a stone to
a Linux user which uses Flash ? If you do, he may prefer to run it under
Windows, where noone will nag him about it.

He has a GMail account, right. Does this mean he loses his rights to
disagree on a decision ?