Re: Concerning Keyboard Status Menu

s/appropriate/inappropriate/

On 24 November 2012 00:04, Caius Chance <me kaio net> wrote:
Hi all,

I would think GNOME as OSS should treat everything open without discriminating any input method platform or input method engines. Every person has different value on quality, which creating a white/blacklist to separate engines based on some criteria defined by a board is appropriate.

Input methods and keyboard layouts is NOT similar in any bit. Most of the keyboard layouts are 1 to 1 key-char mapping but input method is superset to that. I hope anyone who believes that check out the Cangjie input method, since you need substantial (its a subjective word just as low-quality mentioned in previous comments) information for you to defend the whitelist approach.

I am against any filtering in input method / input method engine because talking about user friendly or usability of GNOME to other high quality environment, it should be beyond the whiltelist by public, too. I personally urge GNOME devs leave the decision rights to IBus itself and its engines, or just join the IBus development and work right on it instead of hacking from GNOME.

Regards,
kaio