Re: Sharing widgets between GNOME 3 applications

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 11:54 -0400, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
> The way I see it, is that we need to provide some widgets to do the
> stuff following the guldelines of the new Gnome Design
> As Allan says here [1], there's a new kind of toolbar, which have some
> stuff in common, and it will be worthy to look into the possibility of
> make a specific widget for it, and the sames goes for those new kinds of
> iconviews, and for the selection patterns as well.
>
> [1](http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/a-new-approach-to-gnome-application-design/)

Obviously the long term goal is to have a solid design language coupled
with Gtk+/Clutter features that makes it easy to use, but while the
design is being evolved we don't want to risk putting too much into the
core platform, as anything there are highly frozen and API/ABI stable.

So, i think sharing code by different means is the best approach for
now. The git subtree stuff seems like a good candidate for this.