Re: OT: Unity handling of Application menus (was: Re: GNOME Goal Proposal: Port to GMenu)

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 11:54 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Ted Gould <ted gould cx> wrote:
> > While there are few today, our goal here was to ensure that as new
> > applications are developed it is expected that they'd use GMenuModel
> > instead of traditional GTK menus.  We expect that some developers would
> > want to target the Ubuntu 12.04 release via myapps[1] and we want those
> > applications to work for the full lifecycle of the release.  We want to
> > encourage usage of GMenuModel in all applications, much better than the
> > Dbusmenu parser we have for the traditional menus.
>
> Does GMenuModel support window-specific menus?

GMenuModel supports menu structures, what specifies what type of menus
those are is the GtkApplication object.  So if you want to create window
menus you'd build the model and set it on the application window using
gtk_application_set_menubar().

		--Ted