GNOME Goal Proposal: Port to GMenu

Hi all,

Last release we introduced the ability for applications to define a
GMenu (or 'application menu'). This means that applications now have a
place to locate global application (as opposed to per window) menu
items. Some applications have already started to use a GMenu, and
while this is great, it has also introduced some inconsistency (since
some app menus have several items in them and some just have Quit).

It would be great if we could improve on the current situation and
ensure that all our applications present an appropriate set of items
in their GMenu. I've started a GNOME Goal page [1] which we can use to
coordinate this work, if people think it's a good idea.

Allan

[1] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/PortToGMenu
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org