Re: language/locale selector [was: Re: Settings downstream would reasonably want to add]

On Sun, 15.05.11 22:01, Ross Burton (ross burtonini com) wrote:

> Let's try that again...
> On Sunday, 15 May 2011 at 20:10, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > (Background: I am
> > working on cleaning up all those little services that can change
> > locale/clock/timezone/hostname/... in the context of systemd)
> >
> In case you were not aware, in MeeGo 1.2 we've added a "clock" interface to connman. This mainly handles NTP client functionality but can also control (manually or automatically) the system timezone.

Ah, very interesting. This is good to know. Interesting place though, in

Hmm, do you happen to know where connman stores the high-level timezone
name? i.e. "Europe/Berlin"? We'd like to standardize some place for this
in the systemd context, and I am currently figuring out if we can just
adopt an existing solution.

Thanks a lot,

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.