Re: language/locale selector [was: Re: Settings downstream would reasonably want to add]

On Sun, 15.05.11 22:50, Martin Pitt (martin pitt ubuntu com) wrote:

> Hello Lennart,

Heya,

> Lennart Poettering [2011-05-15 21:10 +0200]:
> > Sure, that I know, but what I was wondering is how the unprivileged user
> > code that g-c-c is can make changes to this root-owned file. What is the
> > machanism used here?
>
> Right, our language-selector has a polkitified D-BUS service for this
> purpose. For package installation it uses aptdaemon (a PackageKit-like
> D-BUS service for package installation which provides the necessary
> Debianism).

Ah, thanks a lot! That's what I was wondering about.

Next question: can you point me to some sources? (or alternatively some
project name I could google for?) Would like to have a look on it,
before I spend time on this.

Thanks!

Lennart

--