Re: gnome 3

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 08:45 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
> This is why I think GNOME should start a marketing campaign of
> "Awesome Hardware" which is known to work flawlessly, and "Sadface
> Hardware" which is known to work, but with glitches. This can help
> users make informed choices while buying machines (or building them),
> and would help us improve hardware support for Linux as well. In most
> cases, it's just the last 1% that's left.

With linux it's impossible to support such a list. Things that work
perfect on the kernel you test with will be broken two versions after
that. The issue is not just limited to kernels, but also to manufacturer
BIOS versions, xorg-server, the video driver and mesa. If you add binary
drivers like nvidia or fglrx to that list, things become even more
complicated.