Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010, à 17:02 +0200, daniel g. siegel a écrit :
> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 16:47 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > As much as I'd like to claim it, I don't think we can achieve
> > > everything with a single shot. :-) Maintainers of GNOME modules hosted
> > > outside of git.gnome.org don't always feel comfortable with raw
> > > commits to their VCS (security, noise in the vcs history etc). Whether
> > > translations should be committed directly to a repo is a big
> > > discussion, and I believe maintainers are the ones with the final word
> > > on this.
> >
> > Well, we are currently defining the requirements for modules not hosted
> > on git.gnome.org (if we allow them at all). If people are so keen on not
> > hosting on git.gnome.org they will probably have to allow automatic
> > commits.
>
> it would be interesting to know _why_ some modules do not like to be
> hosted on gnome.org. knowing that would make it so much easier to find
> the best way for all of us.

We should improve our infrastructure if possible, sure.

But it's a fact that there will be GNOMEy stuff not hosted on gnome.org,
whatever we do. So we'll have to find a solution for this anyway.

Let's not think that the whole world is wrong, and that we should host
everything. Let's be pragmatic and accept that people might have
different opinions on what is the best infrastructure :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.