Re: GNOME 3.0 in March 2011

On 07/29/2010 03:11 PM, John Stowers wrote:
This is not so easy for some modules. Especially, those who rely on
bindings and have been working toward gobject-introspection support (as
gedit, totem and vinagre did, by supporting libpeas) must deal with the
fact that those new bindings (or at least, pygobject's g-i support,
which was the concern in gedit's case) won't see a 2.32 release.

Would you consider supporting non pygobject-g-i (i.e. traditional)
python plugins in libpeas if I finish the pygtk-3.0 stuff [1]?

The thing is, I don't really want to write pygtk-based bindings. The goal is to allow application writers to *not* write bindings, and those who use libpeas already use pygi anyway so how useful would it be?

Also, pygtk is supposed to be dying...