Re: Module Proposal: Rygel

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 14:29 +0000, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> >   Just because others do it in a particular way, doesn't make it
> > right. Although Rygel can be run as a system-wide service, the main
> > target use-case is that of providing services per-user[1] so for
> > example each user can choose to share his media on the network
> rather
> > than every user's media.
> That use case is perfectly served by samba - having ONE system-level
> daemon and multiple per-user shared directories (controlled by users)

I wasn't aware that my Bravia TV or Roku SoundBridge could play from
CIFS shares, I thought they were DLNA players, but thanks for informing
me of this fact.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.  Rygel is a DNLA media server, not a generic
file server, samba doesn't "perfectly" serve the role of media server.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com