Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

> That's not realistic. Distributions won't allow people to choose between
> GNOME 2 and 3, which means people will be forced to stick to releases

That depends on the distribution providing they can be parallel
installed, and on what the volunteers involved or staff paid to work on
them want to do.

After the KDE4.0 debacle I suspect some of those who still ship it are not
going to be too keen to jump to GNOME 3 by default before everything is
ready and supporting it.

> It's OK if we lose a few weird applets, but not if gnome-panel loses
> significant features people will miss badly.

See KDE 4.0 for a rather brutal history lesson.

Alan