Re: Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

Excerpts from Rui Tiago Cação Matos's message of mar dic 28 14:02:55 +0100 2010:
> On 28 December 2010 12:53, Sergey Udaltsov <sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
> > I think the fact that GNOME kills gnome-applets make GNOME2
> > compatibility mode a bad joke (if not hypocrisy). A good number of
> > people would like to use that mode (I run voting some while ago at
> > linux.org.ru - can provide url if someone interested) - and GNOME is
> > going to provide them with just crooks, not a real solution. I am sure
> > one of the most important reasons people choose GNOME2 compatibility
> > mode is the applets (I guess noone thinks that gnome-panel itself is
> > so attractive that people cannot live without it). To be honest, not
> > "them", "us" - because personally I am going to stay in that mode as
> > long as possible, so I really would like to have it working.
>
> What you want is not Gnome 3 then. You want to continue using Gnome 2
> and there's no one preventing you from doing that.

I don't think gnome 3 is just gnome-shell. There a lot of more changes
in other modules, specially in the platform, that make the upgrade
worth it.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x523E6462