Re: Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 gmail com> wrote:

I'm sorry if I sound accusing of something. I wanted to point out what I
found to be biggest limitation of writing extensions to gnome-shell.

I gave up very quickly due to time limitations - I had done none work at
all (except displaying label "Hello World" on LHS of screen). At this
moment I have way more projects then time not mentioning the 'real life
obligations'.

Don't let the work go to waste!  :-)  Please document.  Completely understand the real life obligations.

Sorry for posting it but I wanted to point out the problems person
unfamiliar with toolkit/platform finds on initial stages of extension
development which seems to be crucial to 'get people writing extensions
before the release'.

Nothing to apologize for.  It's good to know, please do comment on gnome-shell though.

PS. While I have my concerns regarding gnome-shell I find it easier to
use after some time then classical Gnome - so I'm sorry if I'm
over-critical.

That's great to hear..  I find it that way as well.  I don't think your comments were particularly critical, the fact that you went through the trouble of trying is great.
sri