Re: Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

> What you want is not Gnome 3 then. You want to continue using Gnome 2
> and there's no one preventing you from doing that.
So, why bother maintaining gnome2 support mode at all? "go to hell,
just do not upgrade" is unbeatable argument, I must admit.

Actually, your advice effectively stops people from upgrading their
distros, unless the distro choses to support both gnome2 and gnome3 -
which I'm afraid will not be the case for most of them. To be fair,
gnome2+3 maintenance may be not trivial, at least GNOME does not
bother separating binaries by name.

Sergey