Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 08:13:14 +0100
Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 23:57 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > maintained for people without the correct hardware support. As of now,
> > > all intel, amd/ati and nvidia cards sold in the last five years should
> >

> > I don't believe that is correct for any of the listed vendors even on
> > Linux. On BSD the situation is even more patchy.
> >
> > "
>
> "The gnome-panel will still be available in GNOME 3.0 and will still be
> maintained for people without the correct hardware support"

I see you've been taking lessons from politicians (clearly poli/polly -
from 'to parrot' ;) ), pity. Here have a cracker...

Lets try that again

I'm not trying to start a fight or a flamewar, I'm genuinely interested
in the directions as the board see it, especially given the hardware
situation is not as was stated.

Even on Linux
 Intel - no psb/mrst support (eg Dell mini 10)
 Nvidia - many cards x86 only
 AMD/Ati - similar situation, HD cards last time I checked not all
 	supported

Is this "the xyz is still supported in" seen as a short term thing where
the panel rapidly gets deprecated/misses features or a long term path ?

Alan