Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

Hi Owen,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 2:16 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

> Purpose:
>  GNOME Shell takes  advantage of the capabilities of modern graphics hardware ...

Does gnome-shell work without graphics capabilities? A few days back I
tried it from ubuntu karmic repository (so the release might be a bit
old), but it didn't work without graphics acceleration support.
Everything was just black and too slow (as if doing software
rendering). My gnome runs in a virtual machine and somehow hardware
support doesn't work through VM.

So, basically my question is do you have official plan to support
non-accelerated machines, or is it just a bug? I guess there are still
legitimate use of non-accelerated machines still valid.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba