Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

Hi Owen,

Thanks for explanation. I am sure even if there are cases where 3d
acceleration is not available, one could still use metacity as
alternative.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

>  * There is zero reason that virtual machines can't also have 3D
>   acceleration - and VirtualBox, VMWare, Parallels, etc, do this
>   currently. KVM/qemu lags, that just needs to be fixed.

VMWare support is still not available according to this post in their forum:
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1390758. Their release note
mentions 3d support for win guests only.  A quick try in virtualbox
didn't work for me either (I don't know if it works officially). I
hope the compatibility to GNOME 2 window-manager/panel that you
mentioned is maintained long enough for wms to catch up.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba