Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

On 02/04/2010 22:04, Naba Kumar wrote:

VMWare support is still not available according to this post in their forum:
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1390758. Their release note
mentions 3d support for win guests only.  A quick try in virtualbox
didn't work for me either (I don't know if it works officially).

VirtualBox's OpenGL support is still classed as experimental. Things like compiz generally work okay, but gnome-shell has never worked sensibly in any version of VirtualBox up to and including the latest (3.1.6), to my knowledge.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation, Ireland
mailto:calum.benson at oracle.com      Solaris Desktop Group

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.