Re: Appearance properties

> I didn't tell anyone to hack around it. There's a (bad) UI for reverting
> the change called gconf-editor. If it's not good enough, people can add
> features to gTweakUI or write their own.

I'm aware of gconf-editor.  But saying a user has to go mess with the
keys is pretty much a dumping ground for "we don't actually support
end-user customization of this item".

If you meant for the end-user to use it, it will be in the GUI itself.
 Removing it from the UI has taken away a sort of "legitimacy" that
the configuration option has - it's no longer part of the main
desktop.

This isn't horrible.  I think that removing the user-facing option
completely from the default desktop - or moving it to "third-party
configuration tweak status" - is a suboptimal idea.  This was one
preference that wasn't going to break the bank.  [Or maybe I'm
pre-biased.  Certainly I have no idea how to "change" the toolbar in
OS X - likely it's not possible.  So I can definitely live with it].