Re: [Tracker] New module proposal: tracker

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 12:07 -0400, Adrien Bustany wrote:

[CUT]

> > Last time I checked it had commit 36 h ago although it has no big
> > changes in git. Anyway it seems much more stable for me (i.e. does
> > not block my desktop).

> Hi Maciej
> if I got it right, tracker would mainly be integrated in GNOME as a
> central RDF store, more than a desktop indexer... I don't know if
> Beagle provides this functionnality.

Yes, this is in fact a key difference between Beagle and Tracker:

Tracker includes an RDF store that talks SPARQL as query language. This
service can be dealt with separately too.

It's for example possible and legitimate for Beagle to develop indexers
that utilize the tracker-store - service for storage as RDF and making
the data available. That way offering SPARQL as a query language.

-- I just didn't want to put fuel on this branch of the thread, the
   people working on Beagle already knew this.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be