Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 18/08/09 17:11, Colin Walters wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Jamie
McCracken<jamie mccrack googlemail com>  wrote:

we could use the Gtk Recent files stuff for this and that would work for
ordinary users but not devs fetching source code or other command line
stuff

Unless it's really REALLY compelling and fast, I don't want my source
code in any kind of database, at least by default.  We should leave
this to IDEs.

The important files to index are word processor documents, graphic
files, PDFs, web browser downloads.  Recent files could be used for
this with a bit of work (i know Firefox would need a patch at least).

Yea, we share the same sentiments.

I think I will just go ahead and do this then, it seems a common thought amongst developers.

--
Regards,
Martyn