Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 18/08/09 17:06, Jamie McCracken wrote:
On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 17:02 +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:
On 18/08/09 17:03, Jamie McCracken wrote:
On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 16:57 +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:
We already do that. But some projects have a LOT of directories ;)

do we? It still indexes all source files for me. Just to be clear I mean
skipping a directory called Gnome if it contains a hidden .git or .svn
folder

Well, we skip all .git and .svn directories. We also have the ability to
skip all directories with those children too. But it isn't used that way
yet.

yes I know we dont do hidden directories, just suggesting we have an
option to skip the parent folder if it contains those children which
should solve the biggest complaint here?

No, it isn't about hidden directories, we *explicitly* specify those directories. Which makes me wonder if we even need to :) those have been in there since the beginning of time :D

Yea, it might. The question is, what if you want your source indexed. You, me and Carlos have said this in the past, we should just ignore all source directories in the first place. Perhaps we should just do it :)

--
Regards,
Martyn