Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 18/08/09 17:07, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 18:55 +0300, Xan Lopez wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Lennart Poettering<mztabzr 0pointer de>  wrote:
<snip>
If tracker-store is not useful on its own and currently not used by
anything else in GNOME, does it really make sense to push it into
GNOME?

Also, even if the store has uses besides the indexer, just be honest:
does it *really* add any measurable benefit to GNOME if this is in
GNOME if the most important user (which is the indexer) is not?

Does it really make sense to push the store independantly of the
indexer?

Well, on one side this is the classical chicken-egg problem, isn't it?

Not really. We've had optional dependencies for a while. As a matter of
fact, the Tracker hackers could come and update the Tracker plugin to
Totem before I consider it obsolete and unmaintained and simply remove
it from the repo.

We will get around to it.
We are really busy at the moment though unfortunately.

Who wrote it initially?

--
Regards,
Martyn