Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

> There is very little such discussion to point at since Xavier still
> hasn't formally contacted the authors of Gossip with a request for
> such a relicense. We have said that we are not interested in doing the
> necessary work for this to happen.
>
> Bottom line is that the entire problem has been ignored and comes up
> over and over again when Empathy is being proposed for inclusion in
> GNOME. Since the last time around, no effort of solving this has been
> made from Empathy developers.
>
> This leaves me wondering whether the plan is to force the Gossip
> developers to relicense their code by making us look like the bad
> guys. Empathy was forked from Gossip since we disagreed on the right
> approach to take, the fact that he choose to reuse Gossip's code in
> ways it was not intended is in my opinion his problem, not ours.

I asked Martyn's opinion in private before proposing Empathy the first
time and he replied "no" because of my attitude against him and gossip.
Now he repeats that it won't happen at anytime without any explanation.

Martyn was the main Gossip developer when I contributed to Gossip so I
don't see why I should ask all contributors if the main one will never
agree and other big contributors doesn't seems to want neither.

I let to others the job of asking for relicencing because it seems there
is too much personal disagreement between me and gossip devs. I hope
someone neutral and more diplomatic will succeed to make everyone happy.

Xavier Claessens.