Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Ok so I summarize so far here are objections:
>
> 2) libempathy and libempathy-gtk are GPL
> This is only a problem if we want them in the plateform. Currently it's
> proposed for the desktop so it's not a problem yet. It will be a problem
> when we want to move them in the plateform. If I see copyrights in GPL
> headers of all Empathy files I see Imendio+Collabora+some personal that are
> ok to relicence. We have to contact all other "little" contributors but I
> think those are not a real obstacle if we ask on gossip's mailing list +
> grap emails in the changelog. The problem here is mostly imendio who owns
> most of libempathy-gtk.

And most of libempathy.

Files without copyright/author information which should be updated include:

- libempathy/empathy-chatroom.[ch]
- libempathy/empathy-log-manager.[ch]
- libempathy-gtk/empathy-account-widget-jabber.[ch]
- libempathy-gtk/empathy-account-widget-msn.[ch]
- libempathy-gtk/empathy-main-window.c
- libempathy-gtk/empathy-spell-dialog.c
  (just my name and Richard's name is missing)

Currently there are 22 files which either have or should have my/Gossip
copyright information in libempathy alone. There are 43 source files. So
half of libempathy is not copyright to you to re-license.

--
Regards,
Martyn