Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

> Accepting modules before they're feature complete is not a bad idea,
> it would actually push some people's motivation to actively implement
> the misssing bits.

I have been waiting to see IM as a desktop service for almost two years.
I really wish GNOME could take a leap of faith and throw itself behind
something that is completely different than any other desktop that I know of.

Things in the Telepathy world have been just around the corner for a long time,
I think we could see a lot of it come together in the next 6 months if we bless
it.

Feature completeness, license issues and your favorite IRC client are trivial
issues that could be worked out.

+1

Eitan.