Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

Le mardi 25 mars 2008 à 16:30 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann a écrit :
> Telepathy and Empathy look very promising, but Telepathy doesn't support
> buddy lists for IRC (and SIP) yet. Not having buddy lists for IRC would
> be a major regression for my use patterns of IRC.
>
> So personally I don't consider Empathy mature enough until Robert
> McQueen has finished his work on IRC buddy lists.
>
> Ciao,
> Mathias

It is really not an essential feature in my opinion. Empathy is planning
to split chatrooms into a dedicated application looking like xchat-gnome
but based on libempathy-gtk, it could be a cool SoC project... Even if
it's not done for 2.24 that's something we can do later.

Xavier.