Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

Am Dienstag, den 25.03.2008, 17:53 +0000 schrieb Ross Burton:
> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:34 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > IMHO it would be stupid for current IRC users to replace their current
> > > IRC application with Empathy at this moment. Its IRC support just is
> > > not
> > > ready yet. This can be fixed - of course.
> >
> > Why would the fact that it _could_ do IRC, but doesn't do it well stop
> > it from being included in GNOME. I don't see any reasons why.
> >
> > We didn't stop Totem being included without DVD playback (at the time)
> > because users would be confused about not using VLC or whatever.
>
> Agreed.  Chat room support is even planned to be removed shortly, so the
> point is moot.

Just from Empathy, or also Telepathy? What's the rationale behind this
decision? Why should we waste resources for such a crippled IM framework
on our machines?

I have to admit that I went from ±0 to -2 during this discussion.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://taschenorakel.de/mathias/about/