Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 18:28 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:

> IMHO it would be stupid for current IRC users to replace their current
> IRC application with Empathy at this moment. Its IRC support just is
> not
> ready yet. This can be fixed - of course.

Why would the fact that it _could_ do IRC, but doesn't do it well stop
it from being included in GNOME. I don't see any reasons why.

We didn't stop Totem being included without DVD playback (at the time)
because users would be confused about not using VLC or whatever.