Re: gnome-session proposal

Hi,

Jürg Billeter wrote:
> I really want compositing but I can't use a GL-based one
> on all systems, as for example even with some recent Intel desktop
> mainboards you can't have DRI with a screen area larger than 2048x2048,
> which is easily reached with two monitors.

I don't mean to be impertinent, but isn't "any screen bigger than
2048x2048" a major edge case? It's like desktop apps that only work on
screens bigger than 640x480... who cares at this stage? By the time
that's anything bug an edge case, won't the hardware have caught up?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary