Re: Tomboy replacement

On 2/22/08, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Mark Fink <mpfink gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Curtis Hovey <sinzui is verizon net> wrote:
>  > On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 20:41 -0500, Mark Fink wrote:
>  > > I've just started a replacement for Tomboy. I think it (or another
>  > > notes program if there already is one) should replace Tomboy ASAP in
>  > > the GNOME desktop because Tomboy is poisoning GNOME distributions like
>  > > Red Hat and Ubuntu with it's Microsoft patented MONO dependency crap
>  > > as you can read about on
>  > > http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/mono-contamination-in-ubuntu/

Hilarious. We can't also let Knuth poison GNOME with his algorithms
and datatypes. I guess it's the same for Ritchie or Kernighan with
their C.

I think moving away from C and UNIX should be our first step. Both these technologies come from AT&T, one of the most evil companies in the world. They're currently being sued by the EFF for engaging in illegal warrantless wiretaps (http://www.eff.org/cases/att) and have stated that they give up their customers' private data to private organizations like the RIAA for the purposes of litigation (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070613-att-willing-to-spy-for-nsa-mpaa-and-riaa.html).

I've never written a kernel before, but I'm working on replacing Linux. I'm using Visual Basic, and so far I've got a window on the screen. Can anyone help me out?

Ian

--
Ian McKellar <http://ian.mckellar.org/>
+1 415 867 9255