Tomboy replacement

I've just started a replacement for Tomboy. I think it (or another notes program if there already is one) should replace Tomboy ASAP in the GNOME desktop because Tomboy is poisoning GNOME distributions like Red Hat and Ubuntu with it's Microsoft patented MONO dependency crap as you can read about on
http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/mono-contamination-in-ubuntu/

I've never written a program before so I also need some help. Also I need a place to put it on the web.

I've already gotten it so you can type stuff in a text field, so it already almost has all the functionality you need in a note taking program.

Thanks,

Mark Fink