Re: Tomboy replacement

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 20:41 -0500, Mark Fink wrote:
> I've just started a replacement for Tomboy. I think it (or another
> notes program if there already is one) should replace Tomboy ASAP in
> the GNOME desktop because Tomboy is poisoning GNOME distributions like
> Red Hat and Ubuntu with it's Microsoft patented MONO dependency crap
> as you can read about on
> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/mono-contamination-in-ubuntu/
>
> I've never written a program before so I also need some help. Also I
> need a place to put it on the web.
>
> I've already gotten it so you can type stuff in a text field, so it
> already almost has all the functionality you need in a note taking
> program.

If you don't want to run Tomboy, just add sticky notes to your panel--it
predates Tomboy. Tomboy is popular because it rocks, not because it is
Mono-based, or because distro chose to make it the default app over
sticky notes (I'm not certain it is a default app in Ubuntu or Fedora).
What you are setting out to do is create an extensible wiki-like gui
editor. Good luck.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.