Re: Module proposal: Project Hamster for GNOME 2.24

Am Mittwoch, den 16.04.2008, 14:07 +0100 schrieb Toms:
> Hamster is on the same line with gtimelog, just maybe a little more
> sophisticated. It remembers names of previously entered tasks, and can
> show more in-depth statistics, which make time tracking much more fun.

No idea how time tracking can be fun. I am just happy when it doesn't
get into my way.

> Having plaintext files for data storage either makes you to parse data
> on every single request and data retrieval (and hope that the records
> always are datetime ordered), or keep the whole list in memory. Not
> sure, how exactly memory management is done in sqlite, i would still
> like to rely on more experienced developers in that field.

In recording mode time gtimelog only keeps the information for the
current day in memory and just quickly opens the file in append mode,
when adding a new entry.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/