Re: Module proposal: Project Hamster for GNOME 2.24

Toms,

Hamster looks really nice. Do you know gtimelog[1].
IMHO a quite primitive tool UI-wise, but really convenient to use.
How does Hamster compare to gtimelog?

Am Mittwoch, den 16.04.2008, 13:25 +0100 schrieb Ross Burton:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 13:16 +0100, Toms wrote:
> > Facts are stored in private sqlite database (consisting of 6 or so
> > tables) under .gnome2/hamster-applet/
>
> So, if you read To Do list items from EDS, why not store the durations
> in EDS as well?

Knowing that gtimelog does it job pretty well by using simple plain-text
files for tasks and durations, I wonder if Hamster's backend isn't
slightly over-designed. The text files gtimelog uses to record actions
look like this:

        2008-04-16  9:25: arrived
        2008-04-16  9:47: first task - details about what was done
        2008-04-16 11:32: first task - something diffferent
        2008-04-16 12:15: lunch **

Entries ending with '**' indicate idle time.

The task files of gtimelog look like this:

        Category1:Task1
        Category1:Task2
        Category2:Task3

Ciao,
Mathias

[1] http://mg.pov.lt/gtimelog/
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/