Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

On 9/24/07, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:

>   * It appears to be a fork of Gossip and intended to replace Gossip. The
> Gossip author has stated that Gossip is not dead. Gossip has telepathy
> support...

FYI Telepathy support has been removed from gossip. Gossip is now only
focusing on jabber support.

>   * It appears to want to replace Ekiga. There appears to be no buy-in from
> Ekiga developers.
>   * It appears to want to replace the default IM client installed in distros
> (Pidgin).

If the consensus is that empathy is better I don't see the problem if
it would replace other applications. Evince for example replaced gpdf
a couple of releases ago.

Jaap