Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22
- From: "Jaap Haitsma" <jaap haitsma org>
- To: "Jason D. Clinton" <me jasonclinton com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:30:00 +0200
On 9/24/07, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
> * It appears to be a fork of Gossip and intended to replace Gossip. The
> Gossip author has stated that Gossip is not dead. Gossip has telepathy
FYI Telepathy support has been removed from gossip. Gossip is now only
focusing on jabber support.
> * It appears to want to replace Ekiga. There appears to be no buy-in from
> Ekiga developers.
> * It appears to want to replace the default IM client installed in distros
If the consensus is that empathy is better I don't see the problem if
it would replace other applications. Evince for example replaced gpdf
a couple of releases ago.
] [Thread Prev