Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

2007-09-18 klockan 06:35 skrev Behdad Esfahbod:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 21:05 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:

> > > I think Vincent is right there, looks like some people are using git and
> > > trying to make it look like that's the case for everybody else in the
> > > GNOME world which is not correct
> >
> > To be fair, if my guess is right that low-level GNOME hackers are
> > highly correlated with git users (and anti-correlated to usage of
> > other SCM systems)[1], then it may well have seemed to Behdad that
> > this was in fact the case, as he is most likely to interact
> > development wise with his fellow low-level hackers.
>
> Yep, most probably.  Didn't want to cheat.  I corrected myself in a
> follow-up.  All I'm saying is that in all the various threads about this
> issue this past couple of weeks, we've seen many pro-git hackers, but
> not as many pro-others.

(This is just a message to show you there are also voices other than the
pro-git babble we're seeing lately. This is not a flame/discussion bait.)

I see myself as a application hacker, and I'm a big fan of Bazaar as a DSCM
system. Bazaar is written for people who do not want to learn all the quirks
of the tool, not for hackers who want to dive into the details of the DSCM
system they're using. Bazaar is easy, Bazaar is friendly, Bazaar is usable.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i had no choice :: but to hear you                       -- alanis morisette