Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On 9/17/07, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 debian org> wrote:
> Le dimanche 16 septembre 2007 à 09:42 +0200, Vincent Untz a écrit :
> > Le samedi 15 septembre 2007, à 21:44 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> > > Ok, lets be fair:  most people who care about hacking on GNOME already
> > > know git, why should other options be selected?
> >
> > I don't think it is fair to state this. A lot of people certainly care
> > about hacking on GNOME and don't know git (and don't care about it).
>
> I think Vincent is right there, looks like some people are using git and
> trying to make it look like that's the case for everybody else in the
> GNOME world which is not correct

To be fair, if my guess is right that low-level GNOME hackers are
highly correlated with git users (and anti-correlated to usage of
other SCM systems)[1], then it may well have seemed to Behdad that
this was in fact the case, as he is most likely to interact
development wise with his fellow low-level hackers.

Again, just some food for thought.

Elijah

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-September/msg00195.html