Re: Pulseaudio

<quote who="Nickolay V. Shmyrev">

> I also don't like Pulseaudio for exactly same reasons as Gustavo and
> Ronald. I don't see how this will improve our desktop or will help our
> users.

I'd like our music or video players to turn down and/or pause when I receive
a VoIP call. I'd like delicious plug and play experience with audio hardware
(be it USB, bluetooth, whatever). PulseAudio provides a solid infrastructure
to provide those features to our users. It's not *just* about audio mixing.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

      "We've got a great drummer and a great singer. Those are the key
    positions. When you find a singer and a drummer this good, you don't
                  leave them." - Stone Gossard, Pearl Jam