Pulseaudio

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so sorry if I ask something already discussed.

It has been a while since esound has received some attention - releases
are almost stalled. Looking at the GNOME wiki, it seems that Pulseaudio
is the stronger candidate between alternatives, and that it allows for
quite a lot of nifty things.

I'm running pulseaudio since four or five months now on two of my
desktop systems, both x86 and PPC, and I must say that I'm really
satisfied by it.
It's quite stable and has very few compelling bugs for the normal user
(e.g. when using it as an esound replacement on a machine with more than
a logged in user it doesn't share the esd socket, or similar).

It also seems to be actively developed, and is shipped by default with
Fedora 8.

Can it be eligible for inclusion in GNOME 2.22?

Thanks for any answer,
--
Matteo Settenvini
FSF Associated Member