Re: Pulseaudio

<quote who="Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro">

> Why be forced to use a userspace mixing program when hardware mixing would
> work equally well (or better) in most situations?

Because the vast majority of audio hardware available today does not *do*
hardware mixing, *and* PulseAudio provides many more features and benefits
to users than just audio mixing, particularly with regards to programmatic
volume control and plug-n-play hardware integration. Audio mixing is *NOT*
the #1 feature opportunity here by a long shot!

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "For the record, I've not eaten a lot of babies." - Mark Shuttleworth