Re: Call for a Gnome Media Center

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 11:27 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> [I'll note that the direction the rest of this thread has gone is
> indicative of why I'm very, very pessimistic about the long-term
> health of GNOME right now. Take this as a mild attempt to get back on
> track by talking about users and user experience instead of
> capitalization of directories which users should never see anyway, and
> which has previously been discussed repeatedly, endlessly and without
> resolution.]

It's not just about Capitalization. It's about localization. Getting it
wrong will upset significant amounts of people for a long time.

The answer is not to ignore the difficult decision. It needs to be
presented as a choice between various pros and cons, with a decision
being made for one choice or the other, clearly stating that we believe
one set of disadvantages is not as bad as another. Then moving on.

Dealing with complex issues properly doesn't mean that we are incapable
of deciding. Quick decisions often lead to pain and misunderstanding. We
are somewhere in the middle.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com