Re: GUnique [Was: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16]

On 9/24/06, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
This is exactly the situation BMPx is in, too.

It has pretty cool effects for, say, file managers, too. Consider that
gnomevfs.show_uri had the support to read a D-Bus bus-name and object
path from a .desktop file for an application, and instead of launching a
new process simply invoke the OpenURI method on the relevant interface.
Opening files just got 10 times quicker. (Try benchmarking, it really is
that much more efficient for me with Epiphany.)

Sounds cool; I'm all in favor.  Let's just make sure it works with
timestamps, workspaces and other general startup-notification stuff.
:-)