Re: GUnique [Was: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16]

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 05:49 -0400, Richard Hughes wrote:
> So I propose, tell maintainers to link against linguniqueapp (as it's
> more sane that what we have already[1]) and then depreciate it in a
> couple of years time when we've decided where it belongs. This means
> maintainers like me get single-instance support *now*.

It also means that even with deprecation, it will be used and shipped
around for years to come, just because someone doesn't like depending on
Gtk+ 2.12, or have not converted, or whatever.  Copy/pasting is a
superior solution if we know the code is going to be merged soonish.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Dan Bern, "New American Language"