Re: International Space Station Images

Elijah Newren wrote:

Scroll down to "Near future - the 2.16 platform" and try to find GTK+ on
the diagram. There is something called "UI Library Project Ridely" under
"Gnome Platform" section. At the same time "Gnome Bindings" lists GTK+
wrappers using their full names.

It seems to me that Gnome is digging a grave for GTK+. What attitude can
you expect from me now?

It almost seems like you're looking for a fight.  Why?  What's the
point in grabbing some obscure page written by a single person (append
"?action=info" to the url to see the list of changes and who made
them), trying to find something that you might be able to construe as
showing devious intent (rather than asking the author of the page what
he actually intended; I strongly doubt Nickolay had any such
intentions), and then ascribing that position to all of Gnome to boot?
And, as far as I can tell, you have done so without asking any GTK+
developers whether they feel this way (I'm pretty certain they'd say
the opposite, knowing several of them and having made a couple small
contributions myself).  Your claim that Gnome is trying to dig a grave
for GTK+ is preposterous, to say the least.

A fight because bullsh*t is a cancer. For another example check this "review" that puts gtkmm not only above other wrappers but almost on one level with GTK+ itself:
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/928

This article is a direct result of gtkmm presentation that tries to expose that wrapper as a savior by lowering GTK+. This cancer is being spread for years and the campaign has a deafening success, I myself was hypnotized once.

Also you said that I myself was involved in bureaucracy and politics.
No, I wasn't.

In the last three weeks or so, you proposed that the project should
create a different leadership structure[1], that we should abandon
free/open source software as ideals[2], and that the HIG should be
discarded ("I disagree with HIG existence"[3]).  How exactly is that
not spending your time on bureaucracy and politics?

[1] - I proposed a change in a leadership but I was not proposing myself as a leader. And this is not even a change in a leadership, but an extension: additional position above current structures, a Moderator
[2] - I don't understand how does this abandon foss ideals.
[3] - I changed my opinion later (the second paragraph): http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-August/msg00275.html

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-September/msg00228.html [2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-August/msg00258.html [3] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-August/msg00269.html