Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

Em Sex, 2006-10-20 �13:27 +0200, Steve Fr�naux escreveu:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > IMO, it should replace the menu applet currently in gnome-panel, they
> > serve the same purpose but slab has a much better look and a few extra
> > features that make it quite useful, so if I were decide, I would include
> > slab in the panel, to replace the current menu
>
> IMHO the purpose of both of them is different. In particular I don't see
> any equivalent to the Places menu in there (at least from the screenshot
> I got from google).

The slab equivalent is the search bar. I think the idea is that instead
of browsing the file system to find a file to open you simply type some
search terms and beagle shows what you want immediately. One of the main
advantages of slab over the current default is that search is a lot
easier to discover.

Also, I think Rodrigo meant replacing the old "foot" menu, not the menu
bar applet. However, if slab is shipped in 2.18 it would be nice to ask
for feedback on the release notes, and maybe this discussion can happen
for 2.20.

Cheers,
Evandro